e- Learning Advantages
Simply put, e-learning is everywhere, and it certainly comes with some pretty awesome advantages – such as:
1. Scalable – E-learning enables us to quickly create and communicate new policies, training, ideas, and concepts. Be it for entertainment or formal education, e-learning is nimble!
2. Capacity and Consistency – Using e-learning allows educators to achieve a great degree of coverage for their target audience, and it ensures that the message is communicated in a consistent fashion. This results in all learners receiving the same training.
3. High Learning Retention – Blended learning approaches result in a higher knowledge retention rate. It also helps that coursework can be refreshed and updated whenever needed.
4. Time and Money Savings – This one is pretty well known, and a staple of any well-done e-learning program. e-learning reduces time away from the workplace, eliminates the need for travel, and removes the need for classroom-based training.
5. Activity and ROI Measurements – If you are using a learning management system to deliver your e-learning, then tracking learner progress is a piece-of-cake, and reporting on this activity is just as simple.
6. Reduction of the Carbon Footprint – By leveraging e-learning for online testing and quizzing, the need for printing out paper-based assessments is reduced, in fact it’s practically eliminated altogether!
7. Flexible – Using e-learning, you can give employees and students the freedom to learn at their own convenience, and at a pace that is right for them. Staff can be trained in remote locations and in a consistent fashion as anyone receiving on-site training.
8. Valuable courses that will raise your earning power – Learn from leading companies and experts right at home or at work; you don’t need to travel anywhere to get online learning. And students can often get their employer to pay for computer training.
9. Interactive – simulations have learners do what they are learning which leads to greater retention of covered material; accommodates different learning styles through audio, visual graphics, testing and printable exercises with PDF downloadable files for extra practice
10. Self Directed and Convenient – learn at your own pace, quickly or take your time. Focus on what you need – skip what you know or don’t need. Or, repeat sections. You’re always in control of learning where, when and how you want with unlimited access 24 hours X 365 days.